Verizon Wireless Data Ctr. WMassachusetts
Architect/Engineer: Jacobs Engineering
Northeast regional headquarters for this major corporate client, primary components of the project were:
- Installation of an additional 3000A power service with all associated duct banks, transformers, ATS and MTS, 1500KW generator, fuel tanks, switchboards and ancillary wiring. This installation was implemented over three successive weekends ensuring seamless integration and operation of the facility.
- Transfer of all cable tray structural support from roof to floor loading involving the installation of steel tube trees, as well as installation of additional cable tray for additional fiber and DC cabling.
- Replacement of all ductwork and CRAC units in the sensitive DACS and Switch rooms, as well as the addition of a smoke purge and make up air system. Also included was the installation of a new BAS integrating all HVAC components with the building fire suppression systems and temperature control.
- Additional fire suppression systems to support increased room volume and configuration, as well as additional equipment.
- Building addition to support new data and fiber infrastructure to the facility.